If your student chapter leadership is changing, it is important to make sure the incoming leaders have everything they need to continue leading your chapter to success. If you are planning to retire from your leadership role, please inform your chapter members so they have adequate time to find new leadership.
Before your chapter's leadership positions change, take the time to discuss your role, duties, and expectations with your successor. Make sure you:
- Inform new leadership where chapter by-laws, petitions, and other documents are kept
- Let them know all of the active requirements and due dates:
- Submit the SCIF by June 1st with the updated information.
- Submit Section 1 of the Merit Award by April 15th. Remind them to begin planning early if they want to submit for an award.
- Submit the Roster Update form by October 15th and maintain at least 8 SHRM member
- Chapter advisor(s) and president must be current SHRM members
- Inform them of any tips for winning Merit Awards, fundraising ideas, and recruiting strategies.
- Refer them to the Chapter Operations Manual and the Student Chapter Idea Book for more information on running a chapter.