To be eligible for affiliation with SHRM, your student group must meet the following requirements:
- You have at least eight (8) current National SHRM student members.
- Your institution must be one of the following:
- Four-year or graduate college/university
- Two-year college with a matriculation agreement between the institution and a four year-college or university, which provides for automatic acceptance of the community/technical college students into the four-year college or university.
- Provide verification of a demonstrated emphasis in human resource management subjects or verification of the college or university’s human resources or related degree program.
- Designate a current SHRM Professional, General, or Associate member as the advisor. At the discretion of the chapter, a co-advisor may be granted. The co-advisor must also be a current SHRM Professional, General, or Associate member.
- Any faculty, administration, professional staff person of the university, or a regular member of SHRM may be designated as the student chapter advisor.
- Student chapter advisors are eligible to receive a $109 discount off the current annual professional dues rate. SHRM officially recognizes up to two (2) student chapter advisors (one primary and on co-advisor) and both advisors are eligible for the discounted professional membership rate.
- Designate a current SHRM student member as the chapter president.
Questions? Contact Student Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-283-7476.