Name of witness: ________________________________
Name of investigator: ___________________________
- Thank the employee for his or her time & cooperation.
- Address the nature of what is being investigated.
- Explain that the matter under investigation is serious and the company has a commitment/obligation to investigate the claim.
- Explain that no conclusion will be made until all of the facts have been gathered and analyzed.
- State that any attempt to influence the outcome of the investigation by retaliating against anyone who participates, providing false information or failing to be forthcoming can be the basis for corrective action up to and including termination .
Please describe any inappropriate or offensive behavior that you have experienced or witnessed. What did you see or hear? When did this occur? How often did it occur?
Are you aware of behavior by the accused toward the complainant or toward others in the workplace?
What did the complainant tell you? When did he or she tell you this?
Do you know if the complainant reported the concern to his or her supervisor?
Upon knowledge of the incident(s), did you report it to your supervisor?
Do you have any notes, physical evidence or other documentation regarding the incident(s)?
Do you know of any other relevant information?
Are there other persons who may have relevant information?