The premise of the popular CBS television show has chief execs working with the masses, presumably, for the common good. Discuss “Undercover Boss”
Questions for discussion
- Is it the CEO’s job to know what’s happening at the lowest levels of the organization?
- What advantages or disadvantages do you see from having the top boss undercover in your organization?
- How can CEOs make sure people don’t just share what they think they want to hear?
- Would you want your company’s CEO to go “undercover”?
- How would employees at your company respond if they met their boss undercover? How would you respond?
- Given the situations the CEOs have discovered so far, who drops the ball on keeping the CEO informed? HR? Line managers?