[Company Name] is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and to promoting the health and well-being of its employees. As such, the following policy has been adopted and applies to all employees, contractors and visitors of [Company Name].
It is the policy of [Company Name] to prohibit smoking and vaping on all company premises to provide a safe and healthy work environment for all employees. Smoking is defined as the "act of lighting, smoking or carrying a lighted or smoldering cigar, cigarette or pipe of any kind." Vaping refers to the use of electronic nicotine delivery systems or electronic smoking devices such as e-cigarettes, e-pipes, e-hookahs and e-cigars.
This policy applies to:
- All areas of buildings occupied by company employees.
- All company-sponsored offsite conferences and meetings.
- All vehicles owned or leased by the company.
- All company employees.
- All visitors (customers and vendors) to company premises.
- All contractors and consultants and/or their employees working on company premises.
- All temporary employees.
- All student interns.
Smoking and vaping is permitted only in the following designated outdoor areas:
Employees who violate this policy will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including immediate discharge.
A process is in place for resolving complaints about the smoke- and vape-free policy:
- Complaints about the application of this policy should be brought to the attention of the human resources manager or the plant manager for resolution.
- The complaint should be submitted in writing and should identify specific objections.
- [Company Name] will investigate the complaint and resolve it in accordance with the policy.
No employee shall suffer any form of retaliation for raising a complaint or asking a question about this policy.
Statement of Understanding
I have read and fully understand the terms of this policy.
I understand that any violation of this policy will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
I understand that [Company Name] reserves the right to make changes to this policy as needed.
Employee Signature Date